Wow, it has been like a year since I last posted. There is a lot to update you on, Riley's updates alone deserve a post of their own.
May was a crazy month, I graduated, our lease expired and I had to make a huge decision regarding my career and our life. Last week I received news that I did not get a position I had been in the process of interviewing for here in Nashville. It was a great position with a great organization that I was certain I had in the bag. After completing a 6 hour assignment I was moved on to interview #1. Three hour-long phone interviews and 4 long weeks later I found out the job wasn't for me. And to be honest, I am kind of confused. This is one of those rare occasions where my gut feeling was not right.
A couple of weeks back I was offered a position at Vanderbilt and turned it down. As plan A went out the window, and plan B turned out to be a bust, we are now on to plan C. Plan C is moving back to Arizona and staying with family while I continue to search for a job. So in exactly 2 weeks we will be packing up a UHaul, loading up our cars with dog and baby and heading west!
I have to say it truly is bitter sweet. Nashville has changed my life. I came here a newlywed with no experiences outside of my little East Valley bubble. On top of the amazing experiences I had at Vanderbilt as a graduate student, I learned so much about myself and what I am capable of while living 2000 miles away from home. I have learned that I can survive on my own, but that in times of need I have the best support system of family and friends. They inspire me every day to be a better person.
So to celebrate/commemorate the end of my 2 year love-hate relationship with Nashville I invite you to follow my "Goodbye Music City" posts that will start tomorrow. Each post will be dedicated to something I will miss about Nashville. The city our sweet baby girl entered the world. And to all of myArizona loves, I hope you are ready for us :)
yayyyy I am glad you are moving back!! We will have to get the babes together!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is exciting news, I can not wait to spend more time with the Chapa's (esp baby riley.)
ReplyDelete