1 year ago this very weekend we arrived in Nashville after 3 long days of driving across the country.
I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to attend an amazing school and for the guts it took to leave home and try something new. Of course I wasn't alone, Josh and Lola made the process a lot easier. Also, if it wasn't for my parents both moving out of Arizona to follow their dreams and do something different, I probably would've never felt motivated to do the same.
I would have never been satisfied staying in Arizona my entire life. It will always be home, but at least for me, I cannot imagine staying in the same place forever and never experiencing anything else.
So, after one year living in the south here are some observations I have made:
1. They love sweet tea down here. It is sold virtually everywhere! They even sell it pre-made by the gallon at the grocery store.
2. Southern food should be called "uncomfort" food. It makes you so full you feel like your tummy could explode!
3. The people really are friendlier and more laid back.
4. Everyone drives slow, about 40 on surface streets and 60 on the highway.
5. Summer nights are exactly what you would expect. Balmy, with the strong smell of greenery, and the overpowering buzz of those bugs in the trees (you know what I am talking about right?)
6. Beer is included in almost all events, including school orientation.
7. It is called the Bible belt for a reason. There are over 700 churches in Nashville alone. You can count 7 from our street corner.
8. It is pretty much everything you ever thought it was.
Only 10 more months here and then we will be on to the next adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment