Rocky Point is sounding really nice about now. Lounging on the beach, not taking off my swimsuit for days at a time, wading in the salty water, Mexican food, and La Michoacana our favorite popsicle stand in town.
So Josh and I had lunch at Baja Burrito today, I had chicken tacos with guacamole, it really hit the spot.
Then, after a little shopping and driving around, we went to the 12 South neighborhood to check out Las Paletas for gourmet Mexican popsicles. The modern little storefront with chalkboard walls displaying the days menu was not quite as authentic as La Michocoana, but the popsicles did not disappoint. Since they were cash only and we could only scrounge up enough quarters for one, Josh let me (the pregnant lady) get whatever I want (isn't he sweet). I got butter pecan and it was delish. Next time, coconut, or lime, or Mexican caramel or maybe hibiscus?
Now if only I could find a beach and a mean shrimp cocktail...that would be jackpot.
Popsicle Image
No comments:
Post a Comment