I started my position this week as a Research Assistant, and it has been challenging to say the least. For the most part, I am a very organized person who has time management down to a science; but for some reason that has been the most difficult part of my position. In and out of elementary schools all day, I rush back to campus to head to class and then head home to catch up on readings, eat a late dinner, map quest the school I have to be in at 8 the next morning and try to get some rest before the chaos starts again. In the bag of supplies I was given for my job there is a little bottle of antibacterial. I despise antibacterial. You see, I have a theory that if you expose yourself to germs you build immunity and end up being healthier. Well, I should have taken the hint and used the stuff because by Thursday night my head started to feel like it was full of 20 lbs of snot {I know you liked that visual}. I should have known being in close quarters with boogery little first graders was dangerous. Well now I am on day 2 of worst cold EVER and I am just praying, praying, it goes away soon. When I asked the pharmacist for recommendations on getting rid of it, he pretty much said, "you are shit out of luck." He didn't actually say that, but he did say to try zinc products and vit C, and that you can really only treat the symptoms.
It has been little more than a week since school started and I could not be more appreciative for where I am. I am going to be challenged more than I have ever been before, and I will doubt myself along the way but I continue to receive signs every day that I am exactly where I should be.
So I will continue to complain about my cold, all the while thanking God for all he has given me. I can't control everything that happens in life, but at least I can treat the symptoms.
No comments:
Post a Comment