8.16.2009

Her name was Lola, she was a BAD girl

The past couple of days have been so tiring! On Friday I discovered a flea on Lola, which lead to the discovery of fleas on Lola. So I spent most of yesterday vacuuming every square inch of my apartment and furniture, washing 5, yes 5 loads of laundry {which cost 15 dollars in quarters by the way}, and spraying everything with flea killer. My neighbors must think I haven't done laundry in weeks, seeing me walk back and forth from the laundry room all day and night.
While moving around furniture to vacuum I decided to rearrange, and I love the new setup! It must be accidental fung shui or something because it is so much more inviting in here...I will post pictures soon. I still have a couple of projects I want to do before showing everyone where we are living. So in the mean time I will show you a picture of inspiration I am using from this months Country Living.
On a side note: Lola escaped the apartment yesterday. She jetted right out as if she had been planning this for days. She went to the grass and ran circles around me, ran across the street {in front of cars}, ran around the high school, and in the field behind the high school all while I am chasing her, bare foot, about to die, yelling "Lola NO, Lola get back here, Lola sit, Lola stay, PLEASE LOLA COME HERE." After what seemed to be a lifetime of running, yelling, and stopping cars as she ran into the street, she sort of just colapsed on her back in the grass and let me pick her up.
I seriously need some sort of dog trainer to teach us how to train her to stay by us and listen. I thought for sure she was a goner. I was going to have to call my husband and tell him his precious baby got squished by a car or ran away and I couldn't catch her. She is so small and so fast, when she gets out she is soooo hard to catch.
At the end of the day, Lola was captured and returned to her home where she sat in her crate for two hours to think about what she did. As for me, I am realizing how out of shape I am. I really really need to start working out.

1 comment: